Saturday, March 17, 2012

MAKING YOUR DREAMS A REALITY

Everyone is a master when it comes to dreams, or should I say almost everyone? Yes, we all have great visions of the future, we were all born with creative prowess  that allow us to make the world a better place but  just like learning  how to ride a bicycle  it may take constant falling off the bicycle to master it. The box of crayons we all used in our kindergarten days were not limited to those who possessed potential; because the truth is, everybody has potential. What makes one piece of sketch stand out from the other is what we do with each piece of crayon in the box. First we decide, "I am going to draw a baby,"and with each crayon we work our way out into the reality, which is how life is designed. I have great dreams and with every single crayon in the box, I design and color my vision until it becomes a reality. Wouldn’t you want to do the same? Today, I would share with you some practical steps I am taking to make my dream a reality. I hope it help you too. Let’s begin then:
Close your ears
  • Don’t listen to the voices of others: Everybody tries to add one or two beats to the drum that is set into motion, but follow the beat of your own drum. Allowing for the input of other people will only bring cacophony to the music you are trying to make. If you have an original idea, don’t waste your time and effort trying to make people understand, they would never understand you. Even if they do, the only help you get will be in the form of negative feed backs. If all those geniuses listened to their peers, we would probably still be living in the middle ages.
  • Nurture those ideas: Seeds of greatness at first glance do not look much fulfilling, but once faith is injected into it and sown, it begins to blossom to the amazement of many. Spend time on your dream, see it as a little baby who needs much attention and love to grow into an adult. Master the words of this song by R.Kelly,” I think about it every night and day”
  • Record your thoughts: I have been keeping a note pad by my bed for more than a year now; my PC has sticky notes placed on  it. Why? Because ideas keep flowing around me and I have some few seconds to capture them else they are gone forever.  So jot down those notes it may just create an innovative spark in you.
  • Get to know your passion: Your dreams will not work without passion. What wakes you up in the mornings? What keeps the flame burning? What is the one thing that you’ll die for? Sometimes people with talent are overtaken by the people who want it more. Remember the hare and the tortoise story? Ellen DeGeneres once said that if you’re not doing something that you want to do, then you don’t really want to do it. And that’s true. Sometimes you just want something so bad you become a virtual unstoppable. And that is passion. Passion will keep you going.
  • Finally, find your own style. You can always tell a Van Gogh from a Matisse. You’ll know Hemingway wrote something by the choice of words on the paper. So it is the same with you. People will appreciate your dream more because it is uniquely yours and that no one else would have thought of what you were thinking. That will let people see how valuable an asset you are.
What Next?
What did I leave out? Drop me your comment and let’s get going


0 comments:

UA-28542367-1